In A Moment...

A bubbly, newbie teacher and baby Christian who loves to laugh!

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Just Another Day

Did I say there were 315 days left until our wedding? I did? Oh. Well, I meant 322...

It has been a long time since any of us has done an update on the wedding planning. Several weeks, actually. Know why? Aaron and I have been loafing around the last few weeks. We have done a lot of talking. We've discussed colors, decorations, location, the wedding party, you know, just basically how fabulous it's going to be. What have we actually done this summer? Well, let's see...um...NOTHING!!!

My mom (A Chelesa Morning) has been telling me all summer, "You know, you're not the only couple getting married next June. You really ought to start confirming some stuff." Thankfully, my mom has not been under the same impression as me. You know, the impression I had that the world revolved around MY wedding. Guess What?!! Mom was right! (I wonder how many times I will have to admit this before I start listening to her the first time.)

So the other day I called Enterprise Hall. (See the post titled A Site to See). I told them I wanted to go ahead and confirm the 16th for our wedding. Guess What?! There is another couple in the city of Grand Junction who is getting married on the 16th of June. And it gets better - they already confirmed Enterprise for that day. Imagine!!!

After hanging up, crying, telling Mom nobody cared about MY wedding, and just generally freaking out, I calmly called them back and asked them what days they did have available. The 9th and the 23rd. I told her I would call my DJ, and then get back to her. After two calls to the DJ and several calls/emails to Aaron, I had the "go ahead" to confirm for the 23rd.

I called Enterprise back and told them I would like the confirm the 23rd instead, and that we would be in the next day to pay the deposit. Here's how the converstation went:

Her: "Oh, I'm sorry. I just booked the 23rd."
Me: "What?!! I just talked to you and changed the date with my DJ and photographer!"
Her: "Oh, wait. It's you I just booked with. You're Amanda, right?"
Me: "Yes! Thank You! Can I come in and, like, pay now?"

So, now it's all said and done. Aaron told me he was proud of me for how well I handled the situation. (What he does not know will not hurt him). Our official wedding date, confirmed and everything, is now June 23, 2007. As Mom pointed out, at least we have another week to plan it!

Only 322 days to go. I better get busy...

8 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I'm laughing at you, Sweetie. The last week before your wedding, you're going to be thanking your lucky stars you have another week to get everything finalized.

But you have a good handle on it now. The site, the dj, the photographer and the videographer are all confirmed for the 23rd.

Now. Let's see. The caterer. You're not the only one getting married next June you know. I wonder if The Cowboy and the Rose is already completely booked on that day......

xoxoxo
Mom

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

I seem to remember, planning kid weddings,writing a bunch of checks right at the beginning to nail everything down, then coasting for a bit. Once you have the big things set you can hang loose for awhile. Weddings - they just flat make you crazy....or they did me.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Mandy, Aunt Bev gets this nervous tic in her eye thing going when you say the W word around her. And then she changes the subject, really fast. Just thought I'd warn you. :-)

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

I had no help whatsoever planning my first wedding, and I eventually gave up and opted to have the pastor marry us in his office two weeks earlier than originally planned. I do not recommend this.

It's a good thing you have an extra week to plan for the biggest day of your life. You won't regret it.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Wow...I'm glad you have everything squared away now for the 23rd. I guess you have to be quick on the draw for June weddings!

By the way, I just happened to watch "Father of the Bride" yesterday, the newer rendition with Steve Martin. I love that movie! Things sure can get a little crazy when you plan a wedding!

I had to plan my little wedding without my finance (he was in the Navy out of state), without much money and in four months. Lucky for me it was a very small wedding! :)

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

This will be both the longest and the shortest 10 months you've ever lived through. Trust me. :-)

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

I can't believe it's already down to 10 months. It sounds like a long time, but considering all to get done, it's not!

I love "Father of the Bride" too! I want those white sneakers!!! Anyone who wants an idea of my dad (Curmudgeon Central), he reminds me a lot of Steve Martin in that movie. He has yet to get arrested for stealing hot dog buns, but he went half mad during Krissy's wedding...

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Heather Smith said...

Sounds like you are getting things together slowly but surely! The 23rd sounds like a good day! Have fun planning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home