In A Moment...

A bubbly, newbie teacher and baby Christian who loves to laugh!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Happy Birthday Krissy!

As you all know, Missing Marbles, known to me as Krissy, is my big sister. Well, today is big sis's 27th brithday! In honor of this big day when she makes the transition from mid-twenties to late twenties, I decided to do a post and call it:

One Million Reasons Why My Big Sister is the Best Big Sister in the Whole Wide world!

But then it occured to me that there is no way I will be able to type all one million reasons before my turn on the computer is officially over. So, here are the top ten... (for full benefit of these photos, click on them)



#1. She is always watching over me, the great protector. Everyone knows not to mess with "Krissy's little sister or else..."



#2. I always have someone to go to for fashion advice. She is the only person I will ask, because I know she will be honest with me.



#3. She always has me practically rolling on the floor laughing. She is seriously funny! Okay, so it's usually at my expense, but she's still funny.



#4. Growing up, she went out of her way to toughen me up, make sure her little sister wasn't a sissy. Okay, so I kind of am a sissy, so it didn't really work, but she tried really hard. Really hard! How sweet can one sister be?



#5. She is always there to support me in whatever I do. Even if she isn't, you know, thrilled about the activity.



#6. I always have a place to rest my weary head. Even now, I still turn to my sister when I need someone to listen, or just need someone to let me cry and litsten to me sniffle and whine.



#7. She is concerned about my welfare, always making sure I do the right thing. Even as kids, she felt a responsibility for me. Sometimes, though, as little sisters do, I would mess up. When this happened, she always knew who to run to and tattle. But she always did it out of love and concern for me!



#8. Even when it is my sister's turn to shine, she always finds a way to make me feel special and involved. She's never left me out of anything, not even her prom. (Unless she had a friend over, then it was SCRAM!)



#9. Even though she's known as "the tough girl", she has a very sweet and tender heart. She has an amazing capacity for love. (And a soft spot for furby).



#10. My sister is one of the most beautiful people I know. Growing up with her, I always had someone's footsteps to follow and someone to want to be just like.


Growing up, I sometimes took for granted just how lucky I was. Now that I am older I realize how blessed I am to not only live close to my sister, but to be close to her.

Happy birthday, Krissy! It shouldn't take a birthday for me to express my love to you. So just know that 365 days out of the year, you are one of my best friends and favorite people. Thank you for giving me someone to look up to.






I should have titled this post: One Million Reasons I am the Luckiest Little Sister in the Whole Wide World!

14 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Judith said...

Great job, Mandy, and I am so happy Krissy and you are my grand daughters! Love, GrandMa.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Judith said...

Great job, Mandy, and I am so happy Krissy and you are my grand daughters! Love, GrandMa.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Judith said...

Great job, Mandy, and I am so happy Krissy and you are my grand daughters! Love, GrandMa.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Judith said...

Great job, Mandy, and I am so happy Krissy and you are my grand daughters! Love, GrandMa.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Judith said...

Mandy, I am so embarrassed! Will I ever learn how to control and direct this dumb new mouse??? GrandMa.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Mandy, you're a riot. Not only is this the sweetest birthday post, it's also the funniest. I love your caption for photo #3.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Awwww...how sweet! Sisters are so special, aren't they? I'm blessed to have 4 of them, so I can really relate to your top 10. :-)

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Man, these photos bring back some memories. I wonder if you remember what photo #2 was all about. The dress-up photo. You two were invited to a birthday party and told to dress up like the mommy and bring your cabbage patch doll. Remember the trip to the thrift store to find these lovely negligees, jewels and hats? Funny, funny. This is a sweet tribute to your big sister. It's going to mean the world to her. And she's pretty lucky, too, you know. xoxoxoMom

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Mandy, this was SO sweet...and funny, too.
Wow...looking at you both growing up reminds me of my two little girls together so much!

And I have to say...I keep finding a new family member of you all in blogland! And the neat thing is...you all seem like such great women! :) It's a pleasure to get to know all of you!

Happy Birthday to Big sister Krissy!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Krissy said...

Wow, you and Mom must really like me because you both did such sweet posts about me for my birthday. Thanks for all the sweet comments...thanks for leaving out what a real terror of a big sis I was. :)

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hilarious! I love the pictures--and I remember those cute little bubble suits you guys wore when you were little girls. SO cute!!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger My Purpose: said...

Mandy,
This is precious, and it was so fun to see all of the old photos. I saved the last one of y'all on my hard drive, so now I can see my two favorite cousins whenever I want! Love and miss you!
Les

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Mandy, do you see the little trash can at the bottom of grandma's 99 comments??? Might want to click on a few!

Very sweet, clever post. You did a great job with the photos. You two were cute - you two still are! xoxoxo

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Bev, the trash cans were already gone when we saw Mom's gazillion comments. I know it embarrassed her but you know, blogger was being really weird the night she did this comment. I don't quite understand how the trash cans work yet. Sometimes they stay around and sometimes they're just gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home