In A Moment...

A bubbly, newbie teacher and baby Christian who loves to laugh!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A Site to See

We Did It!!!



Aaron and I have officially had our first meeting regarding the site of our ceremony and reception. I am pretty sure it will be the last place we visit, because we both fell in love! Enterprise Community Hall is an old school house that has been remodeled to host many affairs, but is known for its weddings. We both feel it is appropriate for a teacher to get married in a school house. They even have an old-fashioned school desk that many couples have used as their guest book table. How cute is that?



The whole inside has beautiful hardwood floors. There is plenty of room for a head table, buffet, cake table, and a number of guest tables. Off to the left is a full kitchen, perfect for any caterer, and upstairs is a bridal suite perfect for us gals to get ready in. I have seen photos of weddings held here in the past, and the decorating these people do is absolutely beautiful! The even have all needed resources to "deck the hall" in splashes of pink! (Not to mention a PINK front door!)



For occasions involving larger guest counts (like, say, a wedding), they have a beautiful and spatious outdoor area. It is complete with a flowing fountain, large rosebushes, twinkly lights, an abundance of trees, a dance floor, and an adorable patio. And, perfect for our male guests, a horseshoe pit. Perfect for our tiny guests, a full playground area. It seems there is nothing they have left out.



Aaron and I both have our hearts set on an outdoor ceremony. This is me standing on what would be (will be, I hope) the aisle. I am a little nervous about maneuvering this in heels, seeming as I cannot walk in them on flat ground. I have been looking for an excuse to wear sneakers like the ones Annie Banks wears in Father of the Bride. Do you think stepping stones is a good enough reason?

So there you have it - our first big step to making our dream wedding happen. Now we can just sit back and relax. I mean, really, there's not a whole lot left to do, is there? Just the wedding gown, cake, flowers, catering, bridesmaid dresses, tuxes, flower girl and ring bearer details, invitations, preacher, out-of-town guest acommodations, save-the-date cards, rehearsal dinner, party favors, decorations...

Seriously, I don't know what everyone is making such a fuss about. We're almost done already, and we still have 11 months!

Well, 346 days anyway...

10 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Barb said...

I can't wait for you two to take me and Jan to see this place. It sounds perfect! I was a little nervous about an outdoor wedding in June but this will work because we can all huddle indoors if the weather decides not to cooperate. And what really really sounds wonderful is that THEY will do the decorating. Hooray!

xoxoxo

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Okay first it seems you bumped all the girls in the family off your sidebar, and left Brenda. ???

Second, schoolhouse - perfect for you. You loving being a teacher and all.

Third, honestly after the first month or so of planning the big stuff there is a lull. Enjoy it. The last two months are insane.

Fourth, sneakers - why not. Leslie and Sarah and I for that matter all wore ballet slippers. You absolutely wont kill yourself in ballet slippers and they make beautiful embroidered ones. Leslie and I were tall enough it was a good thing to wear something flat.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, my gosh, Mandy--you HAVE to wear sneakers! I always wanted to do that, but I think maybe the movie came out after I got married? I can't remember. Maybe not. The church we got married in was stuffy, so no sneakers there. But I always wanted to . . .

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

And hey, excuse me, but aren't I a girl? I thought I was . . .

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Barb said...

What's all this about her sidebar? Everything is showing up when I pull it up. Blogger is being veerrry strange today.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

You could go barefoot, like Jenny in Forrest Gump. Would that be weird? Cause I'd have done that.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

Aaron would probably love the ballet slippers or the barefoot idea. He is taller than me, but not enough that heels don't affect his masculinity. He would die if I was taller than him on our wedding day.

It depends on my dress. If I get a big poofy one that hides my feet, I will do the sneakers, and send everyone pictures. If I do a sleek gown where my feet will be more visable, I am all about the ballet slippers. I will keep all posted on my foot status.

My sidebar appears to just fine. But then, things aren't always as they appear...

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Your sidebar is the same as it ever was (do you hear the Talking Heads?)

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

My husband and I had an outdoor ceremony in November. It was beautiful and wonderful. It did rain on us though. And although at one time I thought that was the worse thing that could happen it ended up being quite romantic! Everyone else thought so as well.

If you look in my December/January archives you can see lots of rainy wedding pictures!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

Have fun with the wedding plans! Enjoy yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home