In A Moment...

A bubbly, newbie teacher and baby Christian who loves to laugh!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

One Moment Please

Okay, so everybody is probably wondering where the heck I have gone to. I am still alive and breathing, just so you know. This is the first time in 3 days that I have even sat in front of the computer. There are many reasons for this...

First, as I mentioned before, A Chelsea Morning, Curmudgeon Central, and Flight Song are all strong competitors for the computer. I choose my battles, and this is not one I choose to fight.

Second, I am pretty preoccupied outside of the house. I am helping my Grandma (Flight Song) find a place to live and a job so she can finally be settled and at home here with us. I am truly loving the time I get to spend with her, so I do not mind the absence of computer time. I am also preoccupied spending time with Aaron. He is one of my favorite people, so I also do not mind this reason for the absence.

Third, I just started reading "The Five Love Languages," and am totally involved in it. I have a hard time putting it down, but it is a good thing. Just so you know, I have three more unopened books sitting on the table, so this is probably not the first extended absence from the computer I may have.

Just so we are clear, I do have a post in the works, and will post it shortly. It is a very good one, so I promise it will be worth the wait. (I hope it is worth the wait - it was for me).

So, with that said, I love you all and I promise I am not ignoring you. Be patient with me, I will return, in a moment.... (or a few)

7 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Five Love Languages is a great book! I know the languages of all my kids and Don; one of mine; makes it much easier to shower each other with what really matters to them. Enjoy! By the way I think you mentioned you were reading or planning to read Max Lucado; he's a favorite of mine too. I have Cure for the Common Life on my nightstand, a bit buried but there. xoxoxo

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

I've got a few books to read myself. I'll have to remember to get Five Love Languages. Heard of it, but never read it.

Sounds to me like you have a life. Live it up!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Aha! Obviously you snuck in here late last night after we all went to bed for some unchallenged computer time!

I can confirm that you've been running like crazy since the minute you got here a week ago. You have a couple more crazy days coming up with me leaving for Kansas tonight and Grandma moving into her new place Friday and Krissy leaving the baby with you tomorrow and Friday. Don't know what Grandma and I would have done without you this past week.

Now that you've let the cat out of the bag about Aaron, you do realize, I'm sure, you're going to have to let people know what that's all about.

Right now, it looks like Saturday may be a day you have to yourself to read those books!

xoxoxo
Mom

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

Aunt Bev - I just finished the Five Love Languages and loved it! I am on a mission to figure out everyone in my family's language, and I discovered my own!

I have Cure for the Common Life on my nightstand at home. When I get back there to water plants (or toss them if they are dead as I fear) I need to get it.

Brenda- read it! It is fabulous and totally worth the insight you will gain. My pastor has always talked about it, and I am glad I finally read it. I gave my copy to Aaron, and now he is reading it. (Yes, I will let everyone know all the details on who this Aaron character is. I just need things to slow down long enough to post).

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Judith said...

Mandy, Mandy, Am so eager for your next blog. Why do I think some of the things we've shared these last almost two weeks will be in it? Love! Grandma.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

As I asked your sister, Miss Mandy, where are you?????

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

My next post will be this week - promise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home